18 November 2011

Please vote

The campaign is all but over. Just the voting and counting to do tomorrow. Whatever the outcome, I feel I have been very lucky and greatly honoured to have been able to serve the people of Vancouver for the past three years. It is now up to the electorate if I will continue for another three.

Serving is never easy; you truly cannot make all of the people happy all of the time. The 'slings and arrows' are hard but more than made up by the wonderful people who have crossed my path. Being able to help people navigate the bureaucracy, bringing meaningful change to the system, and bringing new idea to the fore has made whatever sacrifice necessary well worth it.

The greatest gift you can give me in return is to get out and vote. Yes, I would like your vote, but more importantly I want you to exercise your democratic right. It only takes about 20 minutes. The best legacy any of us can leave is to have made a difference. By voting you can make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck, Stuart. If I lived in Vancouver, I'd be voting for you!

    ReplyDelete