16 November 2008

Better Parks are coming to Vancouver

Thank you Vancouver for electing me to the Board of Parks and Recreation. An awesome responsibility that I accept with humility and gratitude. Vancouver's natural beauty is worth protecting. Neighbourhood services are worth preserving. And you agreed.

Last night was exciting for many reasons. We saw the advent of a new way of thinking in city government. Gregor Robertson has made promises of real change in the way business is done. I am excited to be part of this process--to be part of the solution. We have a lot of work to do. It is now time to roll up our sleeves and dig in!

Thank you to my wonderful friends and my amazing Dragon Boat teammates from Gung Haggis Fat Choy for believing in my dream of better parks and working toward that goal. I also want to thank the many people who offered encouragement and sage advice along the way--please keep in touch!

Last night showed what can be accomplished when progressive voices work in unison to create positive change. Let's keep this momentum going.

1 comment:

  1. Although I'm not from your area, a hearty congratulations on your elected position.

    Keep those public spaces public.

    ReplyDelete