Bring your tree for chipping, donate to charityEvery year, City staff and Lions Club volunteers provide Christmas tree chipping events. After the trees are chipped, they are taken to the Vancouver Landfill to be composted.
Your cash and non-perishable food donations collected at the events will be distributed to local charities.
*** Remove all decorations and tinsel ***
Saturday, January 4 and Sunday, January 5, 10am to 4pm
- Kerrisdale Community Ice Rink parking lot
(5670 E Blvd, north of 41st Ave)
- Kitsilano Beach parking lot
(Cornwall Ave and Arbutus St)
- Sunset Beach upper parking lot
(Beach Ave and Broughton St)
- Trout Lake Community Centre parking lot
(3360 Victoria Drive, south of E 12th Avenue)
Set out your tree for collectionLive, cut Christmas trees will be collected from households with City Green Bin service during the weekend of January 11 to 12, 2020. To ensure pickup, residents should set out their tree by 7am on Saturday, January 11.
To get your tree ready for pick-up:
- Remove all decorations and tinsel
- Lay the tree on its side
- Leave the tree loose (no bags, string, or rope)
- Do not put your tree inside your Green Bin