I have signed the petition and joined the coalition to stop the building of a mega-casino at BC Place. Please read the petition and sign up to show your support for Vancouver Not Vegas!
Position Statement of the Vancouver Not Vegas! Coalition
Our position: On February 1, 2011, Vancouver City Council passed a motion calling for a full public review of gaming in the Province of BC.
1. The Vancouver Not Vegas! Coalition asks Vancouver City Council to pass a moratorium on the granting of new gaming licenses in Vancouver until that public review has taken place;
2. We further ask that City Council sever the appended Edgewater application for increased slot machines and gaming tables from the PavCo Re-Zoning Application of 777 Pacific Boulevard. We ask that the Edgewater application be re-commenced with proper notice to the public of the extent of the expansion sought.
Your participation will help us defeat the proposed Edgewater mega-casino. It’s looking very promising, but we need your letters, your presence at the hearings, and your short speeches. Help us urge our City Council to say “No Dice!” to the BC government’s application for massive gaming expansion in our downtown. For news and blog posts, click here.
Please help by doing the following:
1. Sign up to speak City Council at the NEW DATE: Monday March 7, 7:30 public hearings at City Hall. Even just a few sentences to Council is enough. Dial 311 or 604-873-7191 to sign up.
2. Sit with us in the Council Chamber on the evening of Monday March 7, 7:30 pm at City Hall, as well as subsequent dates (TBA – check City Schedule).
3. Write to Vancouver Mayor and Council. Use the City of Vancouver feedback form or just send your own concise email to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Sign our Petition.
5. JOIN our website – subscribe on the right-hand sidebar. This allows us to send you (infrequent) info & appeals for help.
6. Volunteer! Send us an e-mail: email@example.com . Thank you, Vancouver! This is OUR home. Don’t let them roll the dice on our city’s future.