1. A new Joint Operating Agreement (JOA) between the Park Board and the Community Centre Associations that is fair, effective, and sustainable. One that recognizes the uniqueness of our CCAs as well as equity of access and core programming within the system.
6. Work on stream day-lighting and seek salmon-safe certification for all parks.
7. Make a commitment to build at least one neighbourhood outdoor pool in this term.
8. Create a long-term budget and financing plan for continued facility maintenance.
9. Create policies to end the continuing erosion of parks by commercial enterprise.
10. Put in motion a city-wide plebiscite on keeping cetaceans in captivity in our parks for the 2018 civic ballot.
For 2016, making neighbourhoods the priority, by giving them the tools to make planning decisions that reflect community needs and values, is my goal.
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year.